Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July 13th:: The Crazy Random Happenstance

 

So, I was driving down the road and saw this raggedy man holding a cardboard sign. A couple of things popped into my mind. Was the length of his hair directly proportional two how long he’s been without house? If so, I’d give him a couple of months. Where did he get he black paint for the sign? Was that really paint? What did the sign say? Gotta lock my doors.

I was on my way to rehearsal when I saw this man at the intersection, and because a police had been trailing my tail for a couple of miles, made a hasty stop as soon as the light turned yellow. Ordinarily, I chance those kind of lights.

Then I saw something extraordinary. 

The man with the sign leaped into a bush.

This may sound like a cliche movie scene, but I had never seen a flesh man act so skittishly. His eyebrows shot up, his sign was abandoned and he kicked up his heels as he threw himself into a fern. No cop would catch the likes of him. Nope, not Tommy Shaggymobeard.

Something about that really enchanted me. And now you know.

No comments: