Thursday, May 26, 2011

Feeling a little entreprenurial

Good news: We’ve found THREE different boutiques who want to sell our flowers. I’ve had to process so much this week…like the difference between whole sale, retail, commission, etc… I think we’re doing it different with each boutique. If I’m getting paid at the end of the day, I guess I’m okay with it!

Let me take you on the tour.


Our

Our friend Janie told me about Divine Images many months ago, but I just didn't have my act together until recently. Last week I contacted the store's owner, Michelle, about selling my flowers. Her reactions to the flowers was priceless, and I ended up making her a bunch for her daughter's wedding.

Now we've got a spot on the top shelf of her display, and she has kindly offered to sell our flowers to the local cosmetology school.



I decided to give City Glitter (its like our town's version of Plato's Closet)a call and see if they sold items by local designers. She said they were interested, but we'd have to pay to rent a space. So, again, I hesitated and waited. Last week I was in the store selling some shirts, and I felt the need to try again. This time, she seemed more enthusiastic and I decided to take the plunge.

She picked her favorite flowers out, and helped us to put together a nice display. Our stuff fits in so well with the rest of her inventory!


That's my LOST inspired outfit. I don't dress for summer. I'm a layer-er.



Today, we were revisiting a place in Cocoa Village that had expressed interest in our flowers. Unfortunately, they wanted to take half the profits which would mean driving up the prices of the flowers. I highly doubt anyone would pay that much for hair accessories (I could be wrong!) but we didn't have a peace about it.

Good news! My friend Amy Joy's aunt owns a shop in proximity. We weren't going to drop by, because we had hoped she could join us when we took our flowers there, but we thought "why not?" and gave it a shot. Ba da da da! She loved them a took a bunch! It was thrilling.


That's us, feeling incandescently happy.




(Check our the LePastiche facebook page for more pictures from VernaFlora!)

It is so nice to have all of this business-y stuff taken care of. I'm ready to get creative again.

AAANNNDDD Saturday I'm leaving for Texas, which means NO business for a week. I'm struggling to wrap my head around being out of town for 8 days. But I've been watching a lot of LOST, so I know it's doable.

No comments: