Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Summer fun

I present to you the lovely Catherine Tate:

One day, I hope I run into her as I am casually walking down the streets of London. We’ll have a meet cute, become real chums, and then soon after realizing that I’m a loony bird—she’ll make a comedy sketch about my life.

Catherine Tate could do a good Anna Williams.

These past few weeks have been spent in “acclimation mode.” I’ve been like a child in a candy store, and by child I mean single, part-time employed lady and by candy store I mean nothing to do with my days. Reaction: hyperactivity aka more flowers!

Yes, I mostly make flowers and watch Netflix. My current fix is Arrested Development, Lost, and really offbeat Indie romances.

This afternoon I watched a film called Timer which is about an alternate future where scientists have discovered how to predict the time one finds one’s soul mate, and how people deal with that. It was a really interesting plot. The script was pretty good, but the overuse of f*bombs took some of the refinement from the film. I believe that if a person’s gonna use swearing in a script, the plot really needs to deserve it. Plot and swearing aside, the characters were plausible, but I didn’t connect with them. Mostly because I thought the heroine was going to be Christina Applegate, but it turned out to be anther blonde Christina that lacked adorableness. And the lead male was whimpy. And last night I just watched You’ve Got Mail and so I am currently comparing ALL men to Tom Hanks, so it may be impossible for anyone to be that good.

However,

Tonight I went swing dancing with Amy. We had a fun time with the free beginner lesson (basically, triple step-triple step- rock step), and some friends begged us to stay for intermediate. But intermediate costs five dollars…and is an hour longer.

Then Matt (aka almost as suave as Tom Hanks) paid for our lesson.

And there was a perfect male to female ratio because of it. And I had a dancing breakthrough, so it felt like a win!

subject change

(I always feel bad when I abruptly change topics in one post. But I really must.)

LePastiche is going to thrive this summer! I have discovered a shop that is willing to sell our flowers and NOT charge us to rent a space. Which is fantastic. And the owners are fabulous Christian women who’s reaction to seeing the inventory totally made my week.

Its 12:30 on the dot. I think it’s an appropriate time to say goodnight.

1 comment:

DavidRei said...

It was good to see you at the lesson! Sorry, but I only planned to go for one lesson and couldn't stay. Hope that doesn't mean I'm not your friend :/